In this episode, we explore Kahoot! and the suddenly booming market for educational technology (EdTech). Is the future of learning supposed to feel like a game show, or does gamified learning only further stunt academic preparedness and equity? Pens and paper optional, but 1000 points for your attention as we didactically debate…
- What is Kahoot! and how did digital bar trivia morph into a choice educational and enterprise learning platform for over a BILLION people?
- What are the pros and cons of optimizing learning for speed, memorization, competition and quantification? *Hint: it takes more than a multiple choice question to answer that!*
- Why EdTech is the perfect example of pandemic-powered acceleration, and what its normalization and digital reliance has revealed for the future of EdTech…
Ratings Time: At the end of each episode, we rate this breakout technology on our highly scientific scale to help innovators put this into context. Tune in to hear our review, and tell us what you think!
- Trash: Garbage abound in tech-land, so buyer beware of rubbish in disguise!
- Flash: A flash in the pan! Hot now, but fleeting once it exhausts early adopter segments
- Cash: Money-maker with scalable potential, but ultimately nothing innovative here
- Splash: Fundamentally innovative, and full of transformative potential to fix a real problem
Credits: Hype Hazard is designed, developed, and recorded by Jaimy Szymanski and Jessica Groopman. This episode was edited Randall Ward and our theme music was composed by Adam Roszkiewicz.
#education #edtech #gamification #socialmedia #kidstech #learning #gaming #delearning