In this episode, we explore Rivian and the highly charged electric vehicle market. Are we in the fast lane toward zero-emissions driving, or stuck in a perpetual jam of consumer, commercial, technological, and political blockades? Buckle up as we plug in …
- What is Rivian and just how much of this $5 TRILLION market can it steal from incumbent OEMs and Tesla?
- Why the dynamic duo of electrification + digitization represents both an existential threat and the future imperative to automotive business models?
- From $75,000 price tags to tax credits, from subscription models to rural infrastructure, how and why “network effects” are the true determinant of accessible EV economics?
Electric vehicles cost a pretty penny, and they aren’t the only tech-laden product peaking the interest of affluent consumers and investors. To learn more about the NFT & Digital Art market, listen to Episode 3.
Ratings Time: At the end of each episode, we rate this breakout technology on our highly scientific scale to help innovators put this into context. Tune in to hear our review, and tell us what you think!
- Trash: Garbage abound in tech-land, so buyer beware of rubbish in disguise!
- Flash: A flash in the pan! Hot now, but fleeting once it exhausts early adopter segments
- Cash: Money-maker with scalable potential, but ultimately nothing innovative here
- Splash: Fundamentally innovative, and full of transformative potential to fix a real problem
Credits: Hype Hazard is designed, developed, and recorded by Jaimy Szymanski and Jessica Groopman. This episode was edited Randall Ward and our theme music was composed by Adam Roszkiewicz.