September 11, 2018, — (San Francisco, CA) While 80% of data across enterprises is unused, global interest in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machines’ ability to “learn” is at an all time high. Today, Kaleido Insights released its latest research report, AI Readiness, Five Areas Businesses Must Prepare for Success in Artificial Intelligence.
The report introduces a framework for organizational preparedness—not only of data and infrastructure, but of people, ethical, strategic and practical considerations needed to deploy effective and sustainable machine and deep learning programs. The qualitative study employed interviews with key executives across 27 enterprises and other original research initiatives to establish the framework. It is the first research of its kind that articulates the need for readiness beyond data and data science talent. While anyone interested in how the proper implementation of AI can benefit enterprises will benefit the report, it was primarily designed to answer the questions posed by forward-thinking executives, data, product, and innovation leaders interested in exploring how to design and deploy AI for long-term adoption and enhance data strategies.
Executives from the following companies informed the report: Adobe, Accenture, Autodesk, Bias, Bluewolf, Box, CaptialOne, Catalytic, Emagia, FedEx, Fractal Analytics, GenPact, H20.ai, IBM, Informatica, IPSoft, Infosys, Kimberly-Clark, Neeve Research, Pure Storage Salesforce.com, SAS, Voyager Labs, Wysdom.ai
“Early in our research, it became clear that enterprise leaders have high hopes for AI, but preparedness only centered around data and data science talent,” said Jessica Groopman, founding analyst and study lead. “At the highest level, implementing AI promises to breathe new life into the potential for unstructured data and software, and marks a profound shift in interface and customer experience. It also introduces unprecedented risks and societal questions enterprises have yet to confront. This study examined those opportunities and risks and introduces a holistic framework to help enterprise executives prepare their entire organizations for success in AI.
AMONG THE REPORT’S KEY FINDINGS:
- Despite the massive breadth and threats of AI’s potential, enterprise preparation for AI has centered almost exclusively on data prep and data science talent.
- While without data there would be no AI, enterprises that fail to ready the broader organization, chiefly people, process, and principles, don’t just stunt their capacity for good AI, they risk sunk investment, jeopardize employee trust, brand backlash, or worse.
Research and interviews were also used to identify and examines five areas businesses must prepare for sustainable AI.
1. Strategy: AI-driven transformation begins with ground-up problem-solving, but must be supported by a foundation of governance and aligned with business objectives and enterprise data strategy. While approaches and metrics vary by organizational maturity, customer experience is always true north.
2. People: Preparing people for AI is as important as preparing data, and it is essential for businesses to prioritize human factors over technological capabilities. Instill the “AI Mindset” across myriad stakeholder groups; foster lockstep coordination between technical and product, and address AI’s limitations and cultural stigma head-on.
3. Data: Data preparedness is not a linear destination. AI data readiness requires organizations address their broader data strategy and orchestrate data pipelines and resources for ongoing enterprise learning and evolution.
4. Infrastructure: Decision-making around the technical architecture and integrations required to deploy AI must align with core product strategy, balance reliability with flexibility, and account for rapidly evolving AI software, hardware, and firmware.
5. Ethics: The mass automation of big data and AI call for a new business competency: a formalized approach to organizational resources, bias assessment, transparency, and ethical preparedness.
Join Kaleido Insights for a webinar on the topic on October 4, 2018 at 10amPT.
REPORT PURCHASE INCLUDES
- 54-page Research Report AI Readiness: Five Areas Businesses Must Prepare for Success in Artificial Intelligence, including real-world examples, pragmatic recommendations and best practices, frameworks to activate, and endnote resources, sourced from more than 27 research interviews
- Twelve (12) high-resolution graphics and frameworks visualizing research findings and recommendations
- Two (2) Downloads per purchase
- One (1) Complimentary Call with Lead Analyst, report overview discussion
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS REPORT OR OUR ONGOING AI COVERAGE:
- Visit the report page here
- Contact us directly with questions or package inquiries
- Find us at an upcoming event
- Look out for more AI coverage and research by subscribing to our newsletter
ABOUT KALEIDO INSIGHTS:
Kaleido Insights is a research and advisory firm focused on the impacts of disruptive technologies on humans, organizations, and ecosystems. Our industry analysts provide business leaders with clarity amidst a fragmented technology landscape. Kaleido advisory relationships, webinars, speeches, and workshops are grounded in research rigor, impact analysis, and decades of combined expertise. Innovators are realizing that implementing each new technology isn’t enough, especially as business models are disrupted. Keeping up is becoming more difficult. Our mission is to enable organizations to decipher foresee, and act on technological disruption with agility, based on our rigorous original research, trends analysis, events, and pragmatic recommendations.
If you’re interested in building a relationship with our analysts, we’d love to hear from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to start a conversation, or visit www.kaleidoinsights.com to learn more about our offerings.