Utilizing blockchain technology to your company’s advantage presents many opportunities, though not without inherent challenges. From transaction verification speed and governmental regulations, to few proofs-of-concept and technology integration woes, there are foundational hurdles that must be overcome both at a cultural level and individual corporation level before moving forward with proving the technology’s value.
As part of our research coverage on disruptive technologies, blockchain aligns with our prior research on the Collaborative Economy, where technologies strengthen P2P relationships to bypass central institutions. Additionally, blockchain technologies will be harnessed by autonomous technologies, enabling machine-to-machine transactions.
This report will address the current opportunities for blockchain applications to be utilized in solving specific problems within many industries, looking beyond financial services. We’ll also outline the present challenges, as well as provide a general overview of the technology and its key terms for understanding. Our research is intended for business professionals looking to learn more about the potential benefits of utilizing blockchain within their industry, who may not know where to start beyond their foundational knowledge of Bitcoin currency. It’s intended to open your eyes to the possibilities of blockchain applications, inspiring innovation in the next three to five years.
To purchase the full report, click “Add to cart” at the top of this page.
Report Purchase Includes
- 23-page Research Report The Business Models of Blockchain: Exploring Blockchain Use Cases Beyond Bitcoin and Financial Services , including real-world examples, pragmatic recommendations and best practices, frameworks to activate, and endnote resources, sourced from 11 research interviews
- Three (3) high-resolution graphics and frameworks visualizing research findings
- Two (2) Downloads per purchase
- One (1) Complimentary call with Lead Analyst Jeremiah Owyang for a report overview discussion
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Understanding Blockchain Technology
- Six Roadblocks to Adoption: Challenges Corporations Face in Exploring Blockchain Opportunities
- Industry Impacts of Blockchain
- How Kaleido Insights Can Help
- About Us
- Research Methodology
Figure 1: How a Blockchain Works to Send Bitcoin
Figure 2: Centralized Ledgers vs. Distributed Blockchains
Figure 3: Roadblocks to Blockchain Adoption
In addition to utilizing the most up-to-date reports, news, and data available at the time of writing, Kaleido Insights also interviewed 11 industry stakeholders for our research,