Kaleido Insights specializes in applying a multi-disciplinary methodology for emerging technology impact and opportunity assessment. Our research themes target the areas of greatest technological disruption.
- Digital Trust: How is technology eroding or enhancing our trust among institutions, companies and among citizens in society?
- Health & Wellness: How are technologies transforming traditional healthcare and empowering new forms of human augmentation?
- Ambient Computing: How are technologies digitizing the physical world that we interact with?
- Sustainability: How are technologies driving environmental stewardship and new business opportunities?
- Future of Work: How are technologies impacting organizations and the nature of employment?
Research Theme #1: Digital Trust
- Digital Ethics: Decisions of technology application, access, governance, and risk which determine impacts on people, planet, and society.
- Cyber Security & Safety: Protection of digital and physical systems and data, and related risks to human safety, assets, and institutions.
- Digital Identity & Reputation: The digital representation, rights, and reputation of individuals, assets, and events which authorize interactions in a network.
Research Theme #2: Health & Wellness
- Personalized Wellness: The digitization of mind, body, communities, space in which consumer and enterprise technologies are used to monitor or improve wellbeing.
- Health Data Ecosystems: The stewardship, interoperability, and regulation of health and biometric data in marketplaces.
- Precision Healthcare: The customization of traditional healthcare, medical decisions, treatments, practices, and products based on data surrounding an individual patient.
Research Theme #3: Ambient Computing
- Biometric Interfaces: A shared boundary or point of interaction between humans and technology, in which the interface for commands, authentication, and data emissions are biometric-based.
- Networked World: The digitization and interoperability of objects, architecture, cities and interactions using diverse configurations of sensors, servers, cloud services, and evolving IT infrastructure.
- Edge Advancements: A form of distributed computing in which data processing, storage, analytics are handled “local” to where data are generated (device, sensor, chip, implantable, or nanotechnology).
Research Theme #4: Sustainability
- Renewables: Technological advancements supporting the human and commercial use of energy sources which are naturally replenished on a human timescale (sun, wind, rain, heat, waves, etc.).
- Efficiencies & Waste: Technological advancements supporting consumer and industrial energy efficiencies and waste reductions.
- Energy Networks: Emerging network technologies and digital assets used to optimize energy loads, distribution, and access, localize generation, and offset carbon emissions.
Research Theme #5: Future of Work
- Innovation Culture: The mindset and programs required for modern organizations to sustain vitality– to proactively innovate both internally across the organization and externally across partners and ecosystem.
- Distributed Workforces: Diverse types of working environments, talent ecosystems, and on-demand jobs enabled through digital technologies.
- Talent & Automation: Diverse hard and soft skills, new job categories, generational changes, and HR impacts driven by automation.