Hype Hazard: Your Source for Exposing the Tech Behind the Hype
On the Hype Hazard tech podcast, former Kaleido Insights analysts cut through the noise, exploring the flashiest tech du jour to expose what’s really at stake. Each episode focuses on an emerging technology company and its market implications to help innovators decide whether they should pay attention, or avoid the froth! At the end, each company receives a rating: Is it… Trash, Flash, Cash, or Splash?
About the Ratings
We rate companies discussed on our highly scientific scale to help digital leaders put each breakout technology into context:
Trash: Garbage abound in tech-land, so buyer beware of rubbish in disguise!
Flash: A flash in the pan! Hot now, but fleeting once it exhausts early adopter segments
Cash: Money-maker with scalable potential, but ultimately nothing innovative here
Splash: Fundamentally innovative, and full of transformative potential to fix a real problem
- Episode 1: Clubhouse & Social Audio
- Episode 2: Woebot & Mental Health AI
- Episode 3: NFTs & Digital Art Mania
- Episode 4: Kahoot! & EdTech
- Episode 5: Clearview AI & Facial Recognition
- Episode 6: NOOM & Personalized Weight Loss
- Episode 7: Deepfakes & Synthetic Media
- Episode 8: Robinhood & Investment Apps
- Episode 9: Rivian & Electric Vehicles
- Episode 10: Smart Home Bonanza!
Hype Hazard was designed, developed, and recorded by Jaimy Szymanski and Jessica Groopman. Randall Ward edits our show, and our theme music was composed by Adam Roszkiewicz. Cover art designed by Mary Talbert.
We want to hear from you, too! Kaleido Insights researches dozens of emerging technologies and tracks the tech trends shaping life and business for all. Question? Comments? Suggestions? Ideas for our next episode? Drop us a line!